- Resolved a serious bug leading to a softbrick (reported on LT26 devices)
- Added a more complete german translation (thanks papayayoghurt)
- Updated SuperSU to 0.99
- Updated translation system to almost all application frames (from there, people who want to contribute to
translation will be able to.
- Reworked menus to be more clear (too much things into Tools menu)
- Update java to jre7u10 for both windows and linux
- Device editor can now deal with loaders for setool unlocked / modded phones (unlocked loader)
- When flashing, better loader detection that will prevent flashing of modded phones to fail with a verification header
failure. For such phones, unlocked loader must be included in the device settings. One is included for R800 devices
and is probably the same for all 2011 devices (tested only with R800 device ... thanks nickholtus and alejandrissimo)
- No more application hang when flashing with debug mode on. Better debug output (more helpfull)
- Reworked a little sin parser to better detect sin header size
- Flashing session is now closer to what SEUS or PCCompanion do.
- Mac release now bundled as an App inside a dmg
- Application look and feel is back to System look and feel. So reworked UI composition to look fine on all platforms.
Did that to have Flashtool menu appearing in the shared menubar on MacOS
- Resolved issues with 0.9.9 libusbx stuff under linux and tools not working (rooting for example) under windows.
Everything should be fine now.
- Solved libusb bug for some devices under linux and mac.
Libusbx is now used instead of libusb (http://www.libusbx.org)
libusbx is a more active fork of libusb. libusb libs can be replaced by libusbx libs on the system.
Flashtool embeds prebuilt libusbx libs into x10flasher_lib/mac|linux/lib32&lib64
- Updated busybox to 1.20.0 as default one when rooting a device.
- Updated SuperSU to 0.97
- updated adb and fastboot for mac for adb restore root trick.
- Updated jre to 1.7u9 for linux and windows.
- Resolved major bug. 0.9.7 broke flashing. amss_1_fs failed to flash on devices containing this file in their bundles
- Emulator root hack was not taking care of superuser package choose
- Zergrush root exploit was not working in 0.9.7
- Unroot works better (better superuser package deletion)
- Improved ELF extractor. Now prints load address of each program (useful for kernel builders)
- Added Yaffs extractor.
- Improved rooting devices by giving the choice of the SU package to install (Superuser or SuperSU)
- Added an unroot option
- Fully implemented AdbRestore root hack (adb restore or via semc backup&restore). Not working for Tablet S yet.
- Added Xperia T to list of devices
- Cleaned fastboot drivers (still does not install on W8)
- Encoded zergrush and psneuter to fool antivirus
- FlashTool linux runscript is now compatible with MacOS (MacOS package will come soon)
- Better sin content identification (was not working for Xperia T system.sin)
- Resolved an issue introduced in 0.9.1 in Sin Editor (Dump data). Didn't work anymore for yaffs2 images
- Added Xperia SL and Xperia TX drivers to driver package
- Added new root method (AdbRestore hack using Semc backup and restore tool.
Working for LT26 but maybe for others too) (Thanks Bin4ry)
- Added background version checker
- Added Xperia SX device
- Added Hyperlink to homepage on the About frame
- ROM cleaner is now working. cleaner profiles as well as apps_saved are inside a device specific folder
ie for LT26 device : [Flashtool]/custom/clean/L26 and [Flashtool]/custom/apps_saved/L26
- Added the Emulator root exploit used on LT15/LT18 ICS 4.0.3 to root it
- When trying to force root, FT checks if device is already rooted and warn about it
- When trying to force root, better error handling with explicit message when exploit does not work
- Clicking on the root button in the toolbar warn if not root exploit available for the version you have
- In the File menu, new menu item (Switch Pro / Simple) to add or remove an advanved menu with some dev features
- Pro / Simple setting saved (persistent)
- Advanced menu renamed to Tools menu
- Loglevel setting saved (persistent)
- Added ability to remove a device
- Added ability to export a device (for LT26 for example, it will be exported to LT26.ftd inside the devices folder)
- Added ability to import a device (ftd file must be copied inside the devices folder)
- Resolved a bug with firmware selection and device selection introduced in 0.9.1.0.
Selected item can be different from the one clicked in the table list
- In firmware selection, device column is the default sorted column.
- Device selector is resizable.
- Added Xperia Tipo and Acro S to device list.
- Windows package does not include anymore linux jre and Linux package does not include anymore windows jre.
The result is a smaller package for each platform.
- Updated Java to jre7u6
- Updated drivers with all drivers available on Sony Dev web site
- Resolved a issue with mouse events (sometimes in a table or a list, clicking on an item does not select it)
- Fastboot toolbox can select .elf extension in the file selector filter
- Sin Editor reworked. Now ext4 extraction from sin files works fine. ext4 image is mountable
- Elf Extractor issue with some kernel that include a command line part.
- Added a Devices menu on the main window. You can add a new device to supported devices list or edit a known device
- FTF bundles are now compressed when created. It will reduce ftf file size.
- Sortable columns in Firmware selector and Device selector
- Updated Java to jre7u5
- Added support for Xperia GO
- Decryption features can now extract loader.sin from Sony Filesets (Loader fileset is usually 63Kb big)
- Added Xperia U, P, Sola, Ion to BL Unlock plugin.
- Fixed issue with turkish regional settings (and maybe others we don't know)
No more need to change regional settings to see FTF content.
- Repaired TA Backup / Restore / Editor (broken by 0.8.3)
* 0.8.3 :
- Fixed an issue in firmware selector. When partition categorie or TA categorie are excluded from
selection, it was not excluded from flashing.
- Elf Extractor now identifies the program type included into kernel (Image, ramdisk or rpm)
* 0.8.2.0 :
- Fixed an issue where fastboot mode is not handled correctly under linux.
* 0.8.1.0 :
- Fixed an issue where loader is not found when using BL Unlock or TA Backup/Restore/Editor
- Progressbar when flashing was not showing right progress.
* 0.8.0.0 :
- Fixed an issue with flashing ftf under linux (specially ubuntu 12.04)
- Fixed system app backup when ls applet used to enumerate system apps is busybox one with colorization
- Added a kernel.sin extractor (ELF Extractor) to get image, ramdisk and rpm.bin on 2012 devices
- Added a Sin editor which is only capable of extracting data part from sin files for the moment.
- Added drivers for Xperia U, Sola, P
- Added Xperia U, Sola, P recognition (thanks to krabappel2548)
* 0.7.1.0 :
- Switched to Java7 platform.
- Added categories to bundles.
- Added a No final data check option for some firmwares (ie ICS for ArcS)
- For LT26, partition-image can now be flashed.
* 0.6.9.1 :
- Moved TA Editor and TA Backup&Restore to dev features. Can be enabled in config.properties (devfeatures=yes)
Take care with this feature. It can easily break your phone.
* 0.6.9.0 :
- Added official recognition of LT26 (Xperia S)
- Added a TA Backup&Restore
- Added a TA Editor
- Added a BootLoader Unlock plugin for 2011 and 2012 devices
- Added a command line option to get IMEI (FlashTool -console --action=imei)
- Added ability to flash system.img from fastboot toolbox
- Added greek language
- Added Xperia S to drivers installation
* 0.6.8.0 :
- Added Recovery to locked bootloader on LT15,1T18
- Added Recovery installation to E10, E15, U20 devices from flashtool
- Added working fastboot for linux
- Modified uninstaller to avoid deleting custom files
- Added a flashtool toolkit for FT scripts in /system/flashtool (do not delete this folder)
- Added a console mode for both windows and linux
- Added ThKernel to kernel installer for X10
- Better detection of missing drivers if they are not installed for adb, flashmode or fastboot mode
- Flashtool now works natively in 64bits for both Windows and Linux.
Run Flashtool64 under windows to use the native 64bits release
- Some improvements in device mode detection.
- Fixed an issue with cleaner feature (check if all files are there before beginning).
- Added DoomKernel v06 and v06-1113 to kernel installer for X10.
- Prepared for x64 native version under windows. (not working at the moment).
- Fixed a bug when waiting for device in unlock bootloader feature.
- Added drag&drop for ftf bundles.
- Windows and linux version edition (no more use of SE code and DLL)
- Added DoomKernel v06 for X10 owners
- Added Bootloader relock for X10 owners
- Corrected an issuee where some X10 Mini Pro devices are not recognized (and maybe others)
- Corrected issue where flashtool refused to close when using fastboot (hopefully)
- You can now have spaces in path to flashtool (can be installed in program files)
- Optimized device recognition
- Optimized Flashtool exit (there were some lags)
- Updated Superuser to 3.0.7 and su to 3.0.3
- Updated CWM5 to 184.108.40.206 for X10
- Corrected an issue where devices are not recognized in the right mode
- Added BL unlock for E10,E15,U20
- Added E10,E15,U20 to list of devices
- Added a Fastboot Toolbox (thanks DooMLoRD)
- More accurate phone connection/disconnection detection as well as connection mode
- Added BL unlock for X10
- Small fixes for plugin API
- Device recognition for all 2011 xperia line
- Added drivers for 2011 line of xperia phones
- When rooting device, it did not reboot at end of process.
- su perms were not set the same way as Superuser do when it updates su binary
- Corrected a small issue on ARC where phone was not detected after applying part1 of root exploit.
- When installing recovery, the first install sets the installed version as default one.
It was not the case, causing pressing back key at boot not entering recovery as no default one was found.
- Added zergRush root exploit for 2.3 FW
- Added a toolbar instead of buttons. Icons can be changed from x10flasher_lib/x10flasher-res.jar
if you don't like default ones :-)
- Updated Superuser.apk and su to the latest version.
- X10 BL unlock will come later as a plugin. Plugin system almost ready
- Rebrand feature added
- Build.prop editor has become a generic text file editor
- busybox installation can handle multiple versions
- recovery installation can handle multiple versions
- kernel installation can handle multiple versions
- when flashing, system.sin can be excluded to flash only BB related files from a complete FTF bundle
- Updated ADB drivers for 2.3.3 devices
- Updated Superuser.apk and su to the latest version.
- To apply aZuZu root method, after having flashed kernel downgrade, go to Advanced->root->force psneuter.
aZuZu ftf files included in the flashtool package.
- Better chargemon support for all ROMS
- Busybox upgraded to 1.17.2 (taken from superoneclick 1.7)
- Developper feature : install and reboot custom kernels
(doesn't work as custom kernels do not work yet. Just developper feature)
- Recovery updated to FreeXperia recovery from J's CM7rc2
- Recovery and Busybox installation should work on Custom Roms
- Busybox is searched in /system/xbin now (J's CM7rc2 changes)
- Recovery is installed in /system/recovery (as J's CM7rc2)
- This version should recognize xperia ARC
- This version should be able to flash SE decrypted firmwares for xperia ARC ? (need some testers)
- This version may root xperia ARC ? (need some testers)
- This version may install busybox on xperia ARC ? (need some testers)
- This version may install xrecovery on xperia ARC ? (need some testers)
[New] The device is autodetected by the flashtool at plug / unplug
[New] If you install xRecovery from flashtool, you can reboot into recovery from flashtool too (Advanced menu)
[New] You can now backup all /system/app content (Advanced menu)
[New] You can translate all parts of the Graphical Interface (look in x10flasher_lib/langs for samples)
[Upd] Firmware screen selection offers the ability to change the folder source containing ftf files.
[Upd] Clean task now has a notion of profile that can be imported/exported for sharing
[Upd] Customize is now APK Installer. This screen has the ability to choose the folder where apk files are
[Upd] Optimize should work for any device (X10, X10mini/pro, X8)
[Upd] xRecovery should work for any device (X10, X10mini/pro, X8)
[Bug] Flashing should not anymore hang if flash goes wrong. An error should be thrown and flash aborted
[Upd] Flashing 1.6 firmwares could lead to a FC with Timescape. 1.6 bundles must have the preset.ta file
if this one exists. otherwise the flash will be uncomplete.
[Upd] Updated the "turn to flashmode" wait box. (thanks to rendeiro2005 for the animated gif)
[Upd] Updated to xRecovery 0.3
[Upd] Decryption now opens the bundle creation when complete.
[Bug] Correction of a bug under certain scenario with ROM cleaner (when switching firmware version)
[Bug] Root not working properly (regression from 0.2.3 to 0.2.4). Fixed.
[New] Feature] Added a basic build.prop editor.
[Bug] Clean (root needed) task bug resolved. A new button "Ask Root Perms" has been added
to be sure the flashtool has root accesses. All task which need root access are disabled
while this Ask Root task is not complete.
[New] Firmwares have to come bundled in one file named with a ftf extension
(ftf for Flash Tool Firmware). A Create Bundle feature has been added to the tool to create
your own firmware bundles. (So no need to Redownload a firmware you already have. Just bundle it).
This way it will be easier to package / distribute / integrate firmwares as they come out.
[Bug] SEUS decrypt fixed
[New] Wipe Userdata is set to default YES